BSC (Hons) in BioTechnology
Good insight into modern biology and important component of hands-on training to the students. Thus by nature it will be an interdisciplinary course.
In view of the increasing demand for training manpower in the area of Molecular Biology, Genetic Medicine and Biotechnology,it was consensus of the committee (Faculties & experts) that this course should be broad based and should be able to give a good insight into modern biology and important component of hands-on training to the students. Thus by nature it will be an interdisciplinary course.
- To prepare students for successful career in industry and research institutes.
- To develop the ability amongst the students to apply modern bioengineering techniques in industry and research.
- To enable students to work in a team with multidisciplinary approach.
- To provide students with fundamental strength in analysing, designing and solving industry related problems.
- To promote and inculcate ethics and code of professional practice among students.
- After successful completion of B.Sc. in Biotechnology, the students will be able to demonstrate basic knowledge in physical and biological sciences.
- The students would acquire basic knowledge to design and conduct experiments, analyse data and interpret the results.
- The students will be able to demonstrate understanding of basic knowledge in modern biology disciplines.
- The students will be able to demonstrate understanding of modern techniques used in biotechnology.
- The students will be able to acquire knowledge to apply solutions in various industries.
- The student will be able to demonstrate ability to provide technological solutions in the fields of modern biotechnological applications.
There are various job opportunities available with many different companies in various industries upon graduation.While some jobs do require a graduate level degree (because of their need for qualified personnel who are expert in their field), most jobs can be joined after an undergraduate degree (a training period will be present before starting the job). The many different areas of possible work are:
- Medical and health sciences
- Industrial applications
- Environmental biotechnology
AREA OF EMPLOYMENT:
Academic sector (School & colleges),Govt. and Private medical colleges, Govt. and private hospitals, National and International public health sector, food industry, Govt. and Private research institute.
HONOURS SUBJECTS: Biotechnology (Theory and practical including project and dissertation)
PASS SUBJECTS: Chemistry, Introduction to Computer (Theoryand Practical)
SUBJECTS TO STUDY: Macromolecular Structure & Analysis,Biophysics & Instrumentation, Cell Structure & Dynamics, Biomathematics– I, Biomathematics – II, Chemistry, Introduction to Computer, Biochemistry,Organic Mechanisms in Biology, Principles of Transmission Genetics, Principles of Microbiology, Cyto-genetic Techniques, Microbial Genetics, Principles of Immunology, Plant and Animal Tissue Culture Techniques and applications, Plant Biotechnology, Tissue Culture Techniques, Molecular Genetics, Computational Biology & Bio-informatics, Biodiversity & Taxonomy, Animal Biotechnology, Molecular Biology Techniques, Bio-informatics, DNA Typing,Proteomics & Beyond, Recombinant DNA Technology, Environmental Biotechnology, Industrial Biotechnology, Model Organisms in Human Genome Project, Medical Biotechnology, Biotechnology – Social, Legal & Ethical issues.
AFFILIATION:-MAKAUT formely known as West Bengal University of Technology (WBUT), recognized by Govt. of West Bengal.
ELIGIBILITY: For admission, students from Science stream with 10+2 (HS exam) or equivalent by recognized Board/ council/ university.
Course Fee (Tution)
|TUTIONS FEES||30TH JULY||30TH NOV||30TH MARCH||TOTAL(₹)
|1st Year ‘22-‘23||9,000/-||9,000/-||9,000/-||27,000/-|
|2nd Year ‘23-‘24||10,000/-||10,000/-||-||20,000/-|
|3rd Year ‘24-‘25||-||-||-||-|